Tue, Nov 15th, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – Click here for tickets!
Discover a whole new world of winemaking in Australia. You’ll taste through a flight of wines that go beyond Shiraz and the typical “critter” labels—showcasing some of the world’s oldest vines, selections from Burgundy-esque cool-climate regions, and thrilling grape combinations.
What you can expect:
- One welcome wine.
- Six tasting pours of Australian wines from different regions.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of instruction—including Q&A time—with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The historical background of how Australia came to have some of the world’s oldest vines.
- Australia’s wines that express their sense of place.
- The different grapes and styles from the main cool-climate regions of Australia.
- The flavor profiles of various Australian wine styles.
- What to look for when shopping for Australian wine.
Level: Beginner – Beyond Basics
Good For: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Date Night
Style: Guided Tasting
Food Served: Bread & Cheese