Wed. Mar 29 6:30 – 8:30 PM – Click here for tickets!
In this installment of the Whisky Smackdown series, you’ll explore the worlds of American bourbon and Scotch whisky. See which country reigns supreme on your palate.
What you can expect:
- Two welcome cocktails.
- Three tasting pours of American bourbon.
- Three tasting pours of Scotch whisky.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of instruction with an Astor Center instructor, including Q&A time.
What you will learn:
- The distinct flavor profiles of American bourbon and Scotch whisky.
- Distillation methods and aging techniques of American bourbon and Scotch whisky.
- How to taste and describe whisky.
- How to navigate whisky selections with confidence.
Level: Beginner – Beyond Basics
Good for: Spirits Enthusiasts, Spirits Curious, Fun with Friends
Style: Guided Tasting
Food Served: Bread & Cheese
What class-goers are saying about this instructor:
“Robin Robinson’s Whisky Smackdown was an enjoyable, relaxed, and informative experience that offered a chance to learn about distilling techniques and taste brands I would likely never have encountered, nevermind sampled. Several have since become favorites.”