|Thursday, Apr 20 6:30 PM – Click here for tickets!|
There’s never been a better time to get acquainted with the wines of New York State. The region has made incredible headway over the past few decades and the concept of ‘drinking local’ is now more exciting than ever. Join us for an in-depth look at the major winemaking regions of New York as we discuss the history and terroir of each. We’ll profile the viticulturalists and winemakers who are doing everything in their power to push these wines forward, as we taste just how delicious local wines can be. We’ll explore the classic wine styles that put New York on the map, as well as the cutting-edge examples that set us apart from the pack.
- Gain a better understanding of New York wines and how the region has developed over the years.
- Discover the terroir of New York State and the characteristics that are unique to the region.
- Get to know more about the people behind the local wine industry, their production methods, and their techniques.
- Explore how New York State wine first got noticed and the innovative ways local winemakers are moving it forward.
Guests Will Receive:
- One welcome wine.
- At least six tasting pours of New York State wine.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of education, including time for Q&A with an Astor Center instructor.