|Thursday, Oct 19 6:30 PM – Click here for tickets!|
Come for a special night of wine and oysters as we explore the finest regional offerings of the East Coast. You’ll taste a variety of local oysters before learning how to shuck them on your own. Alongside will be a delicious selection of New York wines that provide the perfect pairings.
What you can expect:
- 6 varieties of East Coast oysters for tasting.
- 6 oysters for hands-on shucking.
- 4 tasting pours of New York wines to pair with your oysters.
- 2 hours of education, including Q & A time with two Astor Center instructors.
What you will learn:
- What to consider when pairing wine with oysters.
- Why New York wines go perfectly with East Coast oysters.
- How terroir and harvesting methods affect East Coast oysters.
- How to shuck your own oysters.
- How to care for and serve oysters at home.
Level: Beginner – Beyond Basics
Style: Guided Wine Tasting Class, Hands-On
Food Served: Oysters
Good For: Wine Enthusiasts, Wine Curious, Food Pairing Education, NYC Date Night, Fun with Friends