Saturday, Dec 16 3:00 PM – Click here for tickets!
In this installment of the Whisky Smackdown series, you’ll explore the worlds of American bourbon and Scotch whisky. See which country reigns supreme on your palate.
What you can expect:
- 2 welcome cocktails.
- 3 tasting pours of American bourbon.
- 3 tasting pours of Scotch whisky.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- 2 hours of instruction with an Astor Center instructor, including Q&A time.
What you will learn:
- The distinct flavor profiles of American bourbon and Scotch whisky.
- Distillation methods and aging techniques of American bourbon and Scotch whisky.
- How to taste and describe whisky.
- How to navigate whisky selections with confidence.
Level: Beginner – Beyond Basics
Style: Guided Whisky Tasting
Food Served: Bread & Cheese
Good for: Spirits Enthusiasts, Spirits Curious, Fun with Friends
What people are saying about this instructor:
“Robin Robinson’s Whisky Smackdown was an enjoyable, relaxed, and informative experience that offered a chance to learn about distilling techniques and taste brands I would likely never have encountered, nevermind sampled. Several have since become favorites.”