Sat, Oct 8th, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Click here for tickets!
Step up your spirits game as we dig into some of France’s most unique offerings: Cognac and Armagnac. From its monastic origins to its present day resurgence, we’ll cover all you need to know about these French brandies—not to mention how they stack up against each other.
What you can expect:
- One welcome beverage.
- Three tasting pours of Cognac.
- Three tasting pours of Armagnac.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of education—including a Q&A session—with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The key differences between Cognac and Armagnac.
- The history, geography, and flavor profiles associated with these brandies.
- How to describe and what to look for in a good Cognac and Armagnac.
- A breakdown of the materials and production methods used to make these French brandies.
Level: Beginner — Beyond Basics
Good For: Spirits Enthusiasts, Spirits Curious, Fun with Friends
Style: Guided Tasting
Food Served: Bread & Cheese