Thu, Nov 3rd, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – Click here for tickets!
Is there a cocktail with more lore surrounding it than the elegant martini? Or a cocktail that has inspired as much variety among bartenders as the poised manhattan? Join us for an evening of iconic cocktails as we look back at the tipple timeline and consider the mixology techniques behind each drink.
What you can expect:
- One welcome cocktail.
- Four different cocktails, made by you.
- Palate-cleansing bread and cheese.
- Two hours of instruction—including Q&A time—with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The evolution of the martini and the manhattan over time.
- The histories of the key base spirits, gin and rye.
- The tricks and techniques behind a well-made stirred cocktail.
- An introduction to vermouth and its influence in cocktails.
Level: Beyond Basics
Good For: Cocktail Enthusiasts, Cocktail Curious, Date Night, Fun with Friends
Food Served: Bread & Cheese