Thu, Dec 8th, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – Click here for tickets!
Discover the history, production methods, and flavor profiles of tequila and mezcal as we enjoy a comparative tasting of these stimulating spirits. We’ll keep the sibling rivalry light, as we sip both spirits side-by-side, and try our hand at some agave trivia (complete with prizes from Oaxaca!)
What you can expect:
- One welcome cocktail.
- Three tasting pours of tequila.
- Three tasting pours of mezcal.
- Tortilla chips & cheese.
- Palate-cleansing orange slices.
- Two hours of education-including a Q&A session-with an Astor Center instructor.
What you will learn:
- The differences between tequila and mezcal production.
- The geographical production areas specific to both spirits.
- The distinct flavor profiles of tequila and mezcal.
- Insight into the culture that surrounds agave spirits and the people who make them.
Level: Beginner – Beyond Basics
Good for: Spirits Enthusiast, Spirits Curious, Date Night, Fun with Friends
Style: Guided Tasting
Food Served: Tortilla Chips & Cheese